Example of Steps in a Sample Medium Sized Systems Implementation Project
We give some high level initial estimates and start discovery work to understand what you are trying to achieve.
Assuming approval of these estimates we take your particular piece of work and turn it into a structured project, using an appropriate project management methodology.
The preparation can be big or small depending on the size of the job. We start by establishing the terms of reference, key project personnel, scope and very high level requirements for the project.
Usually we get the key stakeholders into a room, several times if required, to brainstorm until we have :
- made the necessary core decisions
- detailed major risks & mitigations
- captured key issues & related actions
- produced a project plan or programme of work
- provided enough information for more detailed estimates of time & cost.
Together we identify what resources are required to deliver your project, either:
- completing the work ourselves, pulling in whatever resources we require
- helping focus and drive your own people / subject matter experts
- helping you to acquire the correct resources to do the job
- some combination of the above
Then, together as a project team, we implement the project plan, depending on the size and scope of the system being implemented, complete some/ all of the following:
- gather detailed requirements
- manage design
- refine estimates of time and cost
- build or procure and configure the right solution
- technically test it
- implement it in a test or pre-production environment or by live pilot
- carry out user testing, fix and re-test
- manage it through a structured Go-Live and roll out
- provide support & handover to the business users.
At the same time you would make the project a business priority and free up the resources and money required.
While we are not all technical geniuses or subject matter experts in every field, NZeC Consultancy can provide the skills required to identify and manage a huge variety of specialists and deliver the outcome required our clients
No Frills, Keeping it Straight Up
There are those who may scoff at our approach and simplistic descriptions lacking all the latest buzzwords and liberal doses of agile terminology. However our collective experience is that if everyone understands the basics, keeps on board, and we work hard, smart and fast, in a joined up manner, giving realistic expectations, then the project has a good chance of success.
We have seen a number of failed projects over the years, with big budgets and jargon rich environments, where key people were to cool to remember the basics, blew a whole load of money and delivered very little. Don’t let that be you and your organisation!
THE SENIOR CONSULTANTS AT NZEC CONSULTANCY HAVE A FANTASTIC RECORD OF DELIVERING A REALLY WIDE RANGE OF REAL PROJECTS FOR MANY DIFFERENT TYPES OF REAL BUSINESSES, FROM LARGE BLUE-CHIPS TO SMALL & MEDIUM SIZED ENTERPRISES, OVER MANY YEARS.
THE SAME APPLIES FOR OUR TRACK RECORD OF COMPLETING INTERIM SENIOR FINANCE AND OTHER SENIOR MANAGEMENT ASSIGNMENTS.