Overview of Services
Project & Programme Management
- New business start-up – Fast Start
- Business integrations & change
- Systems – full SDLC, end to end implementations, changes – traditional, digital, web
- Support for digital business, systems and product transformations
- Support with vendor selection
- Vendor management
- Stakeholder management – senior/ enterprise-wide
- Cloud based software solutions
- Commercial focus
- Change management
- Outsourcing, migrations to shared service centres.
- Regulatory & compliance, assurance roles
- Delivery of business plan tasks (create small projects, plan & deliver)
- Project benefits realisation & tracking
- Full-time or Part-time interim project professionals
Interim Financial Resources, Systems & Support
- Contract resource – FC/CFO (Full or Part-time)
- Finance department build/restructure/change
- Systems implementation and change
- Business case preparation
- Project accounting
- Contract due diligence
- Bid management
- Troubleshooting, rapid response, preparation of ad-hoc analysis, investigations & reviews
NB We do not offer the types of services that need to be carried out by suitably registered Chartered Accountants in Public Practice – such as statutory and tax accounting, taxation advice, auditing & insolvency etc.
Samples of Experience of our Principal Consultant
There is no alternative to experience!
EXAMPLE OF STEPS IN A SAMPLE MEDIUM SIZED SYSTEMS IMPLEMENTATION PROJECT
We give some high level initial estimates and start discovery work to understand what you are trying to achieve.
Assuming approval of these estimates we take your particular piece of work and turn it into a structured project, using an appropriate project management methodology.
The preparation can be big or small depending on the size of the job. We start by establishing the terms of reference, key project personnel, scope and very high level requirements for the project.
Usually we get the key stakeholders into a room, several times if required, to brainstorm until we have :
- made the necessary core decisions
- detailed major risks & mitigations
- captured key issues & related actions
- produced a project plan or programme of work
- provided enough information for more detailed estimates of time & cost.
Together we identify what resources are required to deliver your project, either:
- completing the work ourselves, pulling in whatever resources we require
- helping focus and drive your own people / subject matter experts
- helping you to acquire the correct resources to do the job
- some combination of the above
Then, together as a project team, we implement the project plan, depending on the size and scope of the system being implemented, using a waterfall, agile or hybrid methodolgy as required and complete some/ all of the following:
- gather detailed requirements
- manage design
- refine estimates of time and cost
- build or procure and configure the right solution
- technically test it
- implement it in a test or pre-production environment or by live pilot
- carry out user testing, fix and re-test
- manage it through Go-Live and roll out
- provide support & handover to the business users.
At the same time you would make the project a business priority and free up the resources and money required.
While we are not all technical geniuses or subject matter experts in every field, NZeC Consultancy can provide the skills required to identify and manage a huge variety of specialists and deliver the outcome required our clients
NO FRILLS, KEEPING IT ALL JOINED UP AND STRAIGHT UP
We realise that this all may sound simplistic to those in the IT industry, lacking as it does all the latest buzzwords and liberal doses of agile terminology. However one of our primary target markets are those clients who just want to cut through the mustard, get the right support and get on with it, delivering results.
Our collective experience is that if everyone understands the basics, keeps on board, and we work hard, smart and fast, in a joined up manner, giving realistic expectations, then a project has a real chance of success.
We have seen too many failed projects over the years, many with big budgets and jargon rich environments, with some big players, where key people were to cool to remember the basics, blew a whole load of money and delivered either no results or poor results.
Don’t let that be you and your organisation!
THE SENIOR CONSULTANTS AT NZeC CONSULTANCY HAVE A FANTASTIC RECORD OF DELIVERING A REALLY WIDE RANGE OF REAL PROJECTS FOR MANY DIFFERENT TYPES OF REAL BUSINESSES, FROM LARGE BLUE-CHIPS TO SMALL & MEDIUM SIZED ENTERPRISES, OVER MANY YEARS.
THE SAME APPLIES FOR OUR TRACK RECORD OF COMPLETING INTERIM SENIOR FINANCE AND OTHER SENIOR MANAGEMENT ASSIGNMENTS.
Please get in touch if you think we might be able to help your business.